What to do Before Shipping Fragile Items Long Distance
By Bill Chen
Moving your home and office is both a stressful and dangerous time. Fragile items can get lost or broken in the transition. You must take extra precaution that this does not happen.
Removalists Western suburbs trains our staff to be professional about moving all items, including fragile ones. We have recommendations for people whom are relocating, about things they can do before the move to ensure that their fragile valuables are safe. To complete these recommendations you will need to collect a few things:
A Tape Dispenser
Twine or Rope
How to Pack Your Items to Prevent Damage
1) Use heavy duty boxes to pack. Dishpack boxes, or 5.2 cubic foot boxes, are double corrugated to provide extra protection to the things inside them. They are perfect for fragile items.
2) Wrap fragile items in packing material. Use plain white paper so that nothing from the paper will stain your fragile items. Newspaper and even colored paper will leave behind a residue that cannot easily be cleaned. It could permanently damage your belongings.
Use plain white paper so that nothing from the paper will stain your items during fragile removals.
3) Bind books together with rope or twine. Sometimes during fragile removals a box holding books will collapse under the weight. In cases like this it is good to have them bound in rope or twine so that they do not spill everywhere, and have instead the extra protection of each other when they fall. Also, you can use the rope or twine to easily lift a stack of books and place them in the removal truck or personal vehicle they will be transported in.
4) Pack heavy to light: First in, first out. Putting your heavy items on the bottom ensures that the smaller things will not be crushed as the contents of the box settle. First in first out guarantees that you will be able to access the things you need most, when you need to.
Putting your heavy items on the bottom ensures that the smaller things will not be crushed during fragile removals
5) Add extra packing material for extra protection. Make sure there is no extra spaces around your fragile items into which they can shift and potentially break. Crumple up your plain white packing material and use it as a buffer between fragile items, and between the walls they rest on.
6) Also, pack in tiers. It will not always be possible but wherever you can, pack in tiers. Do a layer of crumpled plain white packing material, then your wrapped fragile items, then another layer of crumpled plain white packing material, and so on. This prevents extra space and also acts as your shocks in your automobile do: if a harsh bump is hit on the road, your fragile items will not crash together.
Keep Your Fragile Items Separate If Possible
Cheap Removalists in Sydney are trained to perform fragile removals but as a precaution, it is a good idea to keep these valuables separate from the main removal truck. Move fragile items yourself. Place them into your vehicle where they can be more secure.
Cheap Removalists in Sydney are trained to perform fragile removals but as a precaution, it is a good idea to keep these valuables separate from the main removal truck.
If it is possible, you should also move fragile items to a new location before you move everything else. This will keep them out of the hectic arena that is your home or office on moving day.
It is a dangerous job, moving fragile items. With these easy steps your items will be safe in your own hands.
Meet The Author - Bill Chen
Before 2008, Bill was working with a local removalist company in Sydney and was witness for a number of deformities and wrongs in the working of the company. Observing the atmosphere, a thought came to Bill’s mind that he could do much better if he were the owner of the company, by offering a fully transparent service to the clients with a friendly and trustworthy staff and no hidden fee structure; and thus, in 2008, AAA Bill Removalists Sydney was formed with just one truck and only Bill as staff. Even if Bill Chen began the company as just one man, the company grew fast. The operation expanded beyond the Sydney suburbs and to the surrounding cities: Wollongong, Wagga Wagga, Albury, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Coffs Harbour, Canberra, Newcastle, Melbourne, Brisbane, and other.